Virtual Money Smart Week 2021 begins on April 10, 2021, with a full lineup of online events free and open to the public. Register now!
Money Smart Week is a national public education program coordinated by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and delivered by a network of supporters that empowers people with the knowledge and skills to make better-informed personal financial decisions.
This year, like so many other things, Money Smart Week has gone virtual.
Virtual Money Smart Week 2021 begins on April 10, 2021, with a full lineup of online events free and open to the public. This weeklong campaign aims to help people better manage their personal finances, with a focus on those hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
These events are great resources to share with your library patrons who are looking to learn more about financial literacy. Check out the press kit to help you promote these events on your library’s marketing channels.
Events are free and open to the public, but registration is advised. Questions for the panelists can be submitted during the registration process.
- Talking Cents (The University of Chicago Financial Education Initiative) | Saturday, April 10 at 10 a.m. CST
- Savings: A Little Can Make a Big Difference (FINRA Investor Education Foundation) | Sunday, April 11 at 10 a.m. CST
- Bank On It: Finding Safe and Affordable Bank Accounts (The Economic Awareness Council) | Monday, April 12 @ 12 p.m. CST
- Understanding the Basics of Federal Student Loans (U.S. Department of Education, Federal Student Aid) | Tuesday, April 13 at 12:30 p.m. CST
- Fraud Protection (Internal Revenue Service) | Wednesday, April 14 at 1 p.m. CST
- Managing Personal Finances During COVID-19 (Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center) | Thursday, April 15 at 1 p.m. CST
- Housing Protections + Resources (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) | Friday, April 16 at 12 p.m. CST
- Managing Money Ups & Downs (University of Wisconsin-Madison, Division of Extension) | Saturday, April 17 at 10:30 a.m. CST
Past webinars, virtual events and resources from Money Smart Week are available to view and download for free.